My apologies to our family and friends who have been anxiously awaiting a new blog posting. October was an unusually busy month, and to top it off, my computer time has been severely limited due to Sean's insistence that I stay nearby while he drifts off to sleep. He takes a LONG time to fall asleep sometimes!!
Halloween was fun this year! Caityn was more into it and actually knew what was going on. Sean was a good sport and went along for the ride. I was afraid he wouldn't wear his costume, but when the time came he complied and had a good time too. Friday night we attended a Halloween party with all our playgroup buddies, and Saturday night we did the usual trick-or-treating. I think we hit just a few more houses this year than we did last year. Being our first weekend Halloween at our house, we weren't sure what to expect. In previous years it has been pretty crazy with TONS of kids hitting our neighborhood. It started off pretty slow, but we ran out of candy by 7:30pm, which was fine with me because it was time to get the kids settled down and ready for bed anyway. But I peeked out the window a few times after we turned off all the lights and saw that the 8:00 hour was rush hour! Our neighbor had the kids lined up down to the sidewalk and he furiously passed out the candy. Sucker! Next year, buy less candy like we did!
Sean spent the majority of the party pushing around a pink baby doll stroller.
Caityn and her friends check out each other's costumes.

Caityn wanted me to carve Kai-Lan this year. Probably the toughest one yet!




Even though I had to pin parts of it together (some of those thin pieces broke off), it didn't turn out too bad.

4 comments:
Great pics of the cutiest grandkids ever. And thanks for including a pic of the lit Kai Lin.
Oh my--the kiddos were adorable---great costumes! And the pumpkin carving is fantastic! Fun pictures of what looks like a very fun Halloween. We sure do miss you guys.
So cute! and GREAT job on Kai-lan!!!
Such cuties! I am very impressed with Kai-lan! Wow! I guess I should get a Halloween post up-so far behind. :)
Post a Comment