Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Today we took the kids to the 30th Annual St. Patrick's Day parade in San Diego. We got all dressed up in our greenest clothes, slapped on a few a few shamrock tattoes, and the kids were feeling more than the 1/8 Irish that they truly are. I started Irish dancing again back in January, and I could have joined in the parade, but decided I would be put to better use herding toddlers along 5th Ave.

Caityn was more than a little disappointed that she wasn't going to be in the parade, so I promised her that next year she and I could join the Irish dance troup in the parade since she will be starting up lessons next month. Sean was just having a great time waving to all the people in the parade! Every year we seem to make the same mistake of sitting near the end of the parade route, and it takes about 45 min for the parade to reach us, so this year we planned to sit near the start of the route, and it was so much better! It wasn't nearly as crowded, and the kids were given all kinds of stickers, necklaces, and candy! Yay for being Irish!!











4 comments:

Barley Family said...

fun! I didn't know you started dancing again! :) very cool :)

Bob said...

it was a very fun day thank you for including me

Kelly said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love the pictures, especially the one of you with the kiddos.

TUTU Monkey said...

Such great pictures.....love that funky red door!!

Hope to see you guys soon......:)