Don't you dare take a nap!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

For the last couple of months, Caityn has been refusing to take a nap. It certainly makes for a very long day, but then she goes to bed much much earlier, which means I get some time to myself in the evening. Instead of a nap, I try to get her to take a "rest", which usually just consists of her watching TV while Sean naps and I clean the house.

Today I tried for 2 hours to get her to "rest", but she was just all over the place. Finally, while we were both sitting on the couch, I just said to her,

"Caity, I don't want you to lie down. Don't you close your eyes. No resting allowed."

She looked at me kind of funny, but then I left to go do some dishes while she watched cartoons. Here is what I found when I was done with the dishes.



Go reverse psychology!!

7 comments:

Janis said...

Genius! I'm trying this tomorrow!

You need to sing the "Stay Awake" song from Mary Poppins too.

TUTU Monkey said...

I wonder if it works in husbands?????

Kelly said...

Too funny, I will definitely have to remember this.

April Curry said...

LOL! I am definitely trying this one...with Aiyana and the hubby!

my little buttercup said...

Ha, ha. "OOOH KAYLEE..."

Dana, let me know if it works with husbands too?

Barley Family said...

love it! I use this trick with veggies a lot :)

I'm going to try this with my husband! "Dont you dare wash a single dish, and dont pick up any of your clothes!!" :)

The Killingbecks said...

I will have to try this too. The only way I can get Aaron to sleep is have him lie on the couch and watch Home & garden TV. Works every time.