First Family Trip

Thursday, October 15, 2009

This past weekend we took our first family trip (on an airplane, that is). We headed all the way up to Fremont, CA for my MIL's 60th birthday and retirement party celebrations. It was Sean's first time on a plane and Caityn's second, although she was only 8 months old on her first plane ride so this felt like her first plane ride too! All I have to say is...SOOOOOO glad the plane ride was only a little over an hour, because I don't think we would have lasted much longer on that plane before a meltdown occurred. Both kids behaved reasonably well, but it was exhausting keeping them entertained. And they both had trouble with their ears on the descent. And Mr. Sean...OH that stinker! He had a pretty hard time adjusting to being in a new situation once we arrived. That first day was FULL of tantrums and screaming. We've decided that we won't be going on any more long trips again until Sean is at least five and way past the tantrum stage!

I've got tons of photos to share of our adventures in Fremont and neighboring cities, but they will have to have seperate blog postings. For now, here is our latest family photo! We did the big group shot first which was good because the kids were still in good moods, but by the time they got around to getting just the four of us, the kids were already bored and we were lucky to get a photo with everyone at least looking at the camera. Amber...we may need a do-over with you!!



1 comments:

TUTU Monkey said...

Glad that you had a nice trip.

The family pictures turned out so nice.....I love the picture of everyone. I need to get a new one done....so nice to have.

Welcome back...see you soon.