Last summer I started Caityn in a preschool ballet/tap class with two of her friends. She LOVED it...for the first couple of weeks. But then something happened and she became afraid of the teacher. Then school started and she had to switch classes away from her friends. She cried every time I brought her to dance class, so the teacher told us that maybe we should take a break for a few months and try again later.
So around November, Caityn started asking about dance lessons again, so I brought her back. She still wasn't ready. She still cried.
Then on Wednesday we were reading a book about Zoe going to dance class, and she said "Probably I can go to dance class too!" Really...you won't cry this time? She insisted she wanted to do it, so we went back again on Thursday for another shot at this dance thing. I only brought her back because we still had alread paid for a months worth of lessons back in August that she never took. There was a different teacher there, and maybe that really was the issue, because she did great! No crying at all, and for the most part she followed along and tried her best to copy the teacher.
One of Caityn's favorite shows to watch is Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. It's the only Chinese she's learning when Yeh-Yeh and Ni-Ni aren't around. This was my attempt to give her a Kai-Lan hairdo. Notice my child is NOT wearing a shirt...in the middle of winter! First thing she does when we get home is take off all her clothes!!
Another fun fashion statement...Daddy's socks. She woke up this morning (in only underpants) and was cold. She put on a shirt, but didn't want to put on pants. Daddy's socks make good leg warmers!



4 comments:
So cute! I'm glad she likes dance class again :) Too bad she and Caylin are not in the same class.
The "strike a pose at home" picture is just tooooooo cute!!
She is so stinkin' cute!! I love the dance outfit!!
so cute, gld she likes it again!
Post a Comment