This weekend we took advantage of free admission to two museums while the Children's Museum is undergoing renovations.
On Saturday, we headed up to La Jolla to visit the Birch Aquarium. We'd been there several times before, but free is always good! The aquarium itself it pretty small and the kids like to rush through, so we didn't actually spend much time viewing the fish. I think the favorite thing they enjoyed was a water current tank with little boats floating down the current.
Everybody loves a fountain!

The reason why we live in San Diego :)



Then, on Sunday, we got to Balboa Park early and were the first ones in the door to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. I had taken Sean just this past Friday, and Caityn was excited to check it out too. After spending some time inside the museum, we took a little walk to a nearby garden where butterflies were everywhere! I wished I had put a flower clip in Caityn's hair so I could have tried to get a picture of one landing on her head. Last weekend, at my grandmother's house, a butterfly actually DID land on her head! But of course I was too slow with the camera to get the picture :(.
Abel and his mini-me

Caityn has her cute pose down!
Sean...not so much.

3 comments:
looks like you guys had fun! We haven't done those places yet, we will have to try them sometime.
Your kids just get more and more adorable! I'm sure you know that...keep taking them to get new experiences! You are a great Mom!
We need to have one of those weekends soon!
Post a Comment