Poor little Sean had a fever for much of this past week. It spiked up pretty high Monday night/Tuesday morning, and now looking back, we think he may have had a febrile seizure. But neither of our kids have ever had such a high fever before, so it wasn't even a thought at the time. Pretty scary night seeing my baby limp and unconscious in my arms for almost an hour, but he recovered by morning. His fever lasted several days, until yesterday when he broke out in a rash. I think it may have been roseola, but the incompetent doctor (I could go on about this doctor, but I'll refrain) we visited diagnosed him with hand foot mouth disease.
In any case, he's doing much better now. His fever is gone, and the rash is starting to fade, so we should be out and about again next week. Caityn starts school again on the 14th, so she'll no doubt be bringing home tons more germs for us all to share! Hope everyone else is staying healthy!


3 comments:
I'm glad he's feeling better! Jack's had both roseola and hand foot and mouth. HFM looks more like blisters, and they can be painful; roseola is more rosy but otherwise didn't seem to bother him. BTW, our pediatrician is great, if you're looking for a new one.
So glad he is feeling better.
Wow...what a tough lil guy! I am glad he is feeling better!
Post a Comment