Tuesday Tow day

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Coming home from my mom's house this afternoon I hit the curb on a weird slow-down turn thing in the middle of the road. (If you've driven down Corral Canyon you know what I'm talking about.) Instantly, I knew something was wrong with my tires. I pulled over to the side of the road to have a look, and for some reason, I only looked at the back tire. It looked all bent out of shape, but not flat. Luckily, I was only about 5 minutes from my mom's house, so she came down to help me watch the kids while I called for a tow truck. It wasn't until I got out of the car for a second time that I looked at the front tire and saw the horrible damage to the tire. I don't know I did this. I've driven through the curve zillions of times before. It may have been the over tired 2 year old complaining about her sticky fingers that distracted me from slowing down enough to make it through.


Thank goodness for the iPhone I was able to look up a towing company to come and change my flat tire. Yes, I do not know how to change a tire, and even if I did, I would still call someone to do it for me. That looks like a dirty, sweaty man job. I made it home on the spare, and now tomorrow I've got to go and get a new tire. Fun times :)

Sean found a toy car in Grandma's car to keep him busy.
Caityn didn't seem to mind missing her nap.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Girl, you call me next time...I will change your tire for you :) I had to learn and practice before I was even allowed to drive for the first time!

Alliegatorfables said...

Glad you made it through....I have no phone and would have been stuck for days.

my little buttercup said...

Oh man, I hate car problems, especially with kids. What a pain. Glad you were close to your moms house, and at least the kids looked like they hung in there okay.

TUTU Monkey said...

Yikes!! I am glad everything worked out okay.......this reminded me charge up my emergency cel phone...:)

I hate car stuff..

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

Oh flat tires are terrible! Well I hope this helps to brighten your day...you won the flower earrings on my daily giveaway :o) Please send me an e-mail jewelrybycanela@yahoo.com
Canela