Some random photos and a Sean update

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I just uploaded 74 photos from the camera onto the computer. Here are the best of the bunch.

Another gorgeous winter day in San Diego
Sean's 11 month photo with Snoopy. Only one more to go!!
Ready to go Mom! Let's go shopping!!
What Sean would look like if he were a girl
Loving the Merry-go-round
NOT loving the Merry-go-round
Little stinker figured out how to work the baby gate. Now we're in trouble!
Mom's night out with the girls
Caityn finally has someone in her weight class to ride with her on the teeter totter.
Baby Mozarts
Sesame Street zombies

Now for the Sean update. Since the last post about Sean, I haven't had to nurse him at all during the night. Whew! Half the battle is won. We are still working on getting him to sleep through the night, but as soon as I cut out the nursing, the number of wake ups during the night went way down. For a few nights, he was only waking up twice. After a quick hug, diaper change, and sip of water, he went right back to sleep. Last night, however, he was up about 4 times, one of those with a leaky diaper that got his jammies all wet, so I had to change his clothes in the middle of the night. Darn cloth diapers! We're doing disposables at night from now on. Maybe that will help get him to sleep better. I have a feeling I'm going to need to let him cry it out during these few wake ups to get him totally sleeping through the night. Someone give me a push. It's so hard to listen to him scream at 3am. Easier at this point to just pick him up and reassure him that he's okay.

4 comments:

Janis said...

Nice blackmail photo of Sean as a little girl! I love the one of him and Daddy on the carousel.

And push! Get earplugs for when he screams at night. Worked for me. Good luck! You guys are doing great.

Barley Family said...

Great photos! Does Able know about the miss Sean photo?? :) Cute dress that Caityn had on, did you make it?

I agree with Janis...push! Just think, it will only take a few painful nights, but it will be so nice to sleep again! Although, Caylin still doesnt sleep through the night...I tried for 3 years!! But with Anika it only took a good week and now 6pm-6:30am! Good luck!

Jane said...

Great pics! We miss you guys-we should get together soon. :)

I agree with the cloth at night comment-we just use disposable at night...have since Luke was about 15 months. Much better!

Push! You can do it-just a couple of nights and he will be a sleep through the nighter. I am impressed he cut all the nursing out-go girl!

Good luck!!!

Tonya Staab said...

I've stolen the pic of our dinner ha ha. Hope you don't mind. I'm so glad we were able to play hookie from homeschooling to play at the beach with you.