Fabulous Weekend!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our fabulous weekend started on Friday, when we met some friends at the park to catch up and let the little ones run around. Caityn and Eva had a great time! They always play so nicely together, and Sean even found a friend in little Greta. Despite running to and from the park, not to mention running around the park for 2 hours, Caityn STILL did NOT take a nap that day. Ugh! I think we may be seeing the last of naps.



Caityn gave her friends a ride in the wagon.
Sean was loving Greta's beautiful hair.

Saturday morning, the weather was so nice. We decided to head over to Coronado for some fresh air. We rented one of those bikes the whole family can ride in. The kids loved it! Caityn would ring the bell each time we passed someone, and both kids were having fun waving to other people riding bikes. The views were gorgeous!

Hugs for little brother.


After the bike ride, we stopped for lunch at a pizzeria, where we bumped into some friends who live in Coronado. The wait for the pizza was too much for Sean. He must have been hungry because he started throwing one of his famous temper tantrums. I had to take him out and walk him around the shopping area until the food was ready. Just as we were leaving to go home, we passed by some people feeding pigeons. Both kids immediately started running after the birds and chasing them around the grass. The pigeons were not too afraid of them. They just kept walking out of their way, but were not going to fly away because they were still getting fed! Such a fun day, but Caityn STILL did not nap. Later that night we headed down to my mom's house to celebrate my sister's 30th birthday. Caityn fell asleep in the car when we just got there.


Sunday morning, the weather was still great, so we headed down to the beach. Sean enjoyed relaxing in this beach chair, while Caityn got down and dirty in the sand. Of course, Sean also had to taste a few handfuls of sand. After lunch, we walked down to the little park. Caityn rode her tricycle all the way there and back! I finally found something that will wear her out. She DID take a nap on Sunday.


Caityn was so proud of herself for learning how to finally ride her tricycle. The whole way up to the park she kept shouting, "I'm doing it! I'm doing it! I'm going super fast!!" and "The other kids on bikes better watch out, because I'm going soooooo fast!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe it's only March with this beautiful weather we're having, huh? Your pictures are great! :) How much was the bike rental and for how long? I think we might have to do something fun like this.

Barley Family said...

This weekend was beautiful! We almost went down to Coronado to rent a family bike too! We ended up in La Jolla :) Looks like you guys had a great time!

Proud mommy of Two said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend in this great weather we are having! Love all the pics.

Jane said...

What a beautiful weekend and fun family time...I will have to remember the family bike-looks very fun! We also headed to La Jolla to the beach yesterday-it was so nice. :)

my little buttercup said...

How fun! Now I want to rent one of those bike things. The kids would love it.