"It's a world of laughter, a world of tears..."

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Yes, these are the lyrics to "It's a Small World." We've been back from our 1 1/2 day trip to Disneyland for a few days now, and I still can't get that song out of my head. I think it's safe to say that the It's a Small World ride was Caityn's favorite. We went on it three times during our trip. In fact, it was the only ride we went on more than once, because there was never a line to get on.

Our second trip to Disneyland was pretty successful. We stayed only one night, which worked out well because we got to check in early and have the room for naptime and bedtime. The kids were really well behaved, and the only meltdown occurred at about 7:30pm that first night. They were just exhausted and wanted to go back to the hotel. I don't blame them. We stayed out pretty late.

Caityn was in heaven wearing her Snow White dress and having all the ride attendants call her "princess." She also liked pointing out all the other girls wearing princess dresses. "Look, she has a Sweeping Booty dress!" We got to check out a few attractions that I don't ever remembering visisting, like the Mark Twain river boat and Tom Sawyer's island. Both were a hit with the kids, although Caityn was terrified of the dark, spooky caves on the island. And, yes, Sean DID fall asleep on the train.

After the Dumbo ride. Sean didn't freak out this time. Three months ago, Caityn didn't even know who Dumbo was. Now every elephant we see is named Dumbo.
Sean, still not too crazy about Merry-go-rounds.
Caityn very excited to be riding the Merry-go-round.
Caityn loved this little stage on the river boat. Both of them were running around, up and down the stairs the whole ride.


The only family photo we got on this trip.
Sitting in traffic on the autotopia ride.
I love this photo. I love her look of awe as we pass through It's a Small World.
Sean eating his first apple. He did a pretty good job!

Snacking on the dock of Tom Sawyer's island.
Inside on of the not-so-dark-and-scary caves.
Passed out on the way home, Disney treats in hand.

4 comments:

Janis said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I'm getting excited to go with Jack!

TUTU Monkey said...

Looks like a wonderful visit....I love that Caityn wore her Snow White dress.....

Bob said...

Very excited to hear that you followed the family tradition and Sean took a nap on the train.

Barley Family said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys had another successful trip :) Now I'm more excited to go again!